Specialized Lung Care
Millions of Americans today need specialized lung care. Respiratory diseases are a leading cause of death in the United States according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the American Cancer Society reports that lung cancer accounts for more deaths in both men and women compared to any other cancer.
If you need a referral to a physician at Palmdale Regional Medical Center, call our free physician referral service at 1-800-851-9780.
At Palmdale Regional Medical Center, respiratory doctors can diagnose and treat many lung conditions, including chronic lung diseases, lung cancer, tuberculosis, emphysema, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, HIV/AIDS and influenza. The hospital is equipped to handle many inpatient and outpatient services for both traditional and minimally invasive procedures:
- Hand-held nebulizer (HHN) therapy and education
- Metered dose inhaler (MDI) therapy and education
- Respiratory medication education
- Respiratory disease process education
- Breathing retraining exercises
- Secretion removal technique
- Ventilator management
- Oxygen education and safety
- Arterial blood gas (ABG) draws and analysis
- Postoperative care
- Bronchoscopy assisting
- Electroencephalography tests (EEG)
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy™ with superDimension™
- Bronchial thermoplasty for severe asthmatics over 18 years old
Diagnosing Lung Conditions
At Palmdale Regional Medical Center, pulmonologists use advanced lung biopsy procedures to create personalized treatment plans. Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy™ (ENB) may offer you an alternative to traditional bronchoscopy or other invasive biopsy procedures.
Patients with severe asthma may get the relief they need with bronchial thermoplasty, a procedure that involves the delivery of controlled, therapeutic radiofrequency energy to the body's airway wall, heating the tissue and reducing the amount of smooth muscle present in the airway wall.