Palmdale Regional Medical Center
The Antelope Valley includes Lancaster, Palmdale and outlying desert communities, with a total population of approximately 476,845 people. The Antelope Valley is a diverse and highly educated community, with more than 50 percent of its residents having at least some college education.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center serves the region by providing high quality medical services to residents of the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding communities. With the recent addition of the Rehabilitation Institute, the hospital features 184 licensed acute care beds as well as inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac services featuring a STEMI Receiving Center (heart attack) and a 35-bed 24-hour emergency department.
The Center for Wound Care provides treatment for people with chronic non-healing wounds. This comprehensive wound-healing service includes hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is active in the community and regularly participates with the Antelope Valley Board of Trade, Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance, Chambers of Commerce and other civic and governmental groups. Palmdale Regional Medical Center believes in "Community Service Excellence" and supports nonprofit agencies such as the American Cancer Society, United Way, the Antelope Valley Boys and Girls Club and performing arts organizations.
You'll see what a difference service makes at Palmdale Regional Medical Center.
Physicians and Staff Committed to Service Excellence
More than 400 physicians are on the medical staff at Palmdale Regional Medical Center. The nursing staff draws on years of clinical experience to provide quality care, and is associated with several area nursing programs. Hear what makes working at Palmdale Regional so special from one of our nurses:
Facts and Figures
- 184 licensed beds; 234 beds at complete build-out
- Approximately 900 employees, including nearly 400 RNs and other nursing staff
- Active medical staff of nearly 400
- Centers of emphasis include: Emergency Medicine, Surgery (including Robotics), Oncology, Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, Neurosciences (Advanced Primary Stroke Center), Orthopedics, Bariatrics, Cardiology (STEMI Receiving Center) and The Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is committed to providing high quality healthcare in a compassionate and efficient manner.
In partnership with the medical staff and community, Palmdale Regional Medical Center will be recognized as the leading provider of innovative healthcare in the region
P — Progressive
R — Respectful
M — Mentoring
C — Compassionate
- Richard Allen, Chief Executive Officer
- Veronica Knudson, Chief Operating Officer
- Kara Chavez, Chief Nursing Officer
- Sanjaya Khanal, MD, Chief of Staff
- Syed Ahmed, MD, Vice Chief of Staff
- Bassel Hadaya, MD, Past Chief of Staff
- Ranjiv Choudhary, MD, Treasurer
Board of Governors
- Rick Norris, Chairman
- Mike Fencel, Vice President
- Dr. Bassel Hadaya, Chief of Staff
- Dennis Shaffer, Member
- Donna Gaddis, Member
- Jack Seefus, Member
- Pradeep Damle, MD, Member
- John Yadegar, MD, Member
City of Palmdale
Learn more about the city of Palmdale and the Antelope Valley in this video: