Visiting Palmdale Regional
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Palmdale Regional Medical Center, and so specific visiting regulations have been established to help enhance the quality of care.
Please follow the guidelines below. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Visitor Guidelines during Flu Season
As a necessary precaution during flu season, Palmdale Regional Medical Center has instituted the following temporary patient visitor policy for the safety of patients and their families. This policy is in effect from November 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020, or until the CDC has determined that the flu season has ended.
- No visitors 12 years of age and under are permitted to visit patients. They must remain in the main lobby and/or the Palm Café (cafeteria) and must be supervised at all times.
- Visiting hours remain 24 hours a day with two exceptions:
- No visitors from 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. in the ICU and PCU
- Please check with ICU/PCU for further information on restrictions to the visitor policy by calling 661-382-6150 prior to your visit
- All visitors to the hospital, whether intending to visit a patient room or not, must enter the facility through the main front doors or through the Emergency Department and are required to go through a security check using a valid photo ID. All other entrances are unavailable to the general public.
Other general visitor guidelines still apply:
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere in the hospital, including patient rooms or anywhere on the hospital grounds
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes
- No more than two visitors will be allowed in a room at one time
- People who have a cold, sore or any contagious disease, should not visit patients
- Visits should be kept short, and visitors should avoid unnecessary noise
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests, treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient
Masks, hand sanitizers and tissues are available for use. Please note that the CDC recommends everyone six months of age and older get a flu vaccine every season.
Please contact our Director of Infection Control, Paul Mann, with any questions or concerns about this temporary change in our visitor policy at 661-382-5200. Your understanding is appreciated as the intent of these temporary changes to the visitor policy is to help protect the members of the community from unnecessary illness.
Any personal information about a patient's diagnosis and treatment must come from the patient's physician. This information is only available to members of the immediate family who the patient has designated to receive it.
The Palm Café
For the convenience of your family and friends, the cafeteria is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Meals are served during the following times and a 10 percent discount is given to all seniors:
- Breakfast 7 days a week: 7 – 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch and dinner 7 days a week: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Hot entrees available from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 5 – 7 p.m.
Vending machines for snacks, light meals and cold and hot beverages are available in the vending machines room adjacent to the Palm Café and in the area adjacent to the Emergency Department waiting area. An ATM is located in the vending machine room next to the Palm Café.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients, as some patients are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with a nurse in the unit before taking any gift to a patient room.
The gift shop is located on the ground floor.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the ground floor in the main lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the emergency department and in surgical services.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center has Wi-Fi available with a password that changes daily. Ask a nurse for the password.
Patients and visitors may park in the hospital parking lot. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have parked your car and plan to leave it for more than 72 hours, you must notify the Security office.
Chaplains are available at Palmdale Regional Medical Center on Tuesday and Thursday.
Volunteers are located in the main lobby and in the Surgery Center on the first floor at the Information Desk from 9.a.m. to 4 a.m. Volunteers are an excellent resource for patients, their family members and visitors.
Hotels in the Area
Many area hotels are available if you need overnight accommodations.