Inner Ear and Balance Disorders
Dizziness, vertigo and imbalance may occur in anyone but is most prevalent in older adults. Vestibular therapists at the Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Institute (ROI) at Palmdale Regional Medical Center utilize various techniques, such as gaze stabilization and balance training in order to alleviate vestibular disorders that can otherwise result in serious issues, including falls, headaches, depression and impaired daily activities.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is one of most common balance issues and many cases can be recovered within a few sessions of treatment.
Vestibular assessment includes:
- Thorough exam of somatosensory, vestibular and visual systems
- Head and neck and strength assessment
- Functional outcome measures and objective balance tests
- Personalized treatment goals and prognosis
- Hands-on techniques and instruction