Visitors can be "good medicine" for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Because patient care is the primary concern at Palmdale Regional Medical Center, specific visiting regulations have been established to help enhance the quality of care.
Please follow the guidelines below. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center has an open visitation policy. Qualified visitors are welcome any time, day or night. For health reasons, children ages 16 and under may be restricted from visiting.
Following are general guidelines for visitors to Palmdale Regional Medical Center:
- All visitors to the hospital may enter through the front main lobby doors and Outpatient Admitting. After 8 p.m., visitors may enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance only.
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere in the hospital, including patient rooms or anywhere on the hospital grounds.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors will be allowed in a room at one time.
- People who have colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short, and visitors should avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests, treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
Any personal information about a patient's diagnosis and treatment must come from their physician. This information is only available to members of the patient's immediate family who have been designated to receive it.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients as some patients are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with the unit regarding gifts for patients.
Patients and visitors may park in the hospital parking lot. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have parked your car and plan to leave it for more than 72 hours, you must notify the Security office.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the ground floor in the main lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the emergency department and in surgical services.
Volunteers are located in the main lobby and in the Surgery Center on the first floor and are a resource for all patients, their family members and visitors from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.